- For primary school age children
Contact Troon Library to find out availability as places are limited
Featured Opening for January – Fried Liver Attack (Two Knights Defence)
Play through the moves of this opening to see the Fried Liver Attack
White has sacrificed a Knight for a Pawn in order to weaken Black’s King!
- White’s Bishop is pinning Black’s Knight to the King
- White’s Queen is forking Black’s King and Knight
- Black’s Knight is pinned to the King by White’s Bishop and therefore cannot move away from the attack
- Black’s Knight is attacked twice and only defended once. Can you spot the two pieces attacking the Knight and the one piece defending it?
- Black is also in check and therefore must get out of check
Black only has one move which can defend the Knight twice whilst getting out of the check – can you see it?
“Openings” Competition – 2019-2020 Season
|08/01/2020||Joe||1 - 0||Ruby||Fried Liver Attack|
|08/01/2020||Owen||0 - 1||Ethan||Fried Liver Attack|
|08/01/2020||Logan||0.5 - 0.5||Jack||Fried Liver Attack|
|08/01/2020||Liam||1 - 0||Cara||Fried Liver Attack|
Next month’s featured opening . . .
Featured Opening for February – Scotch Gambit (Scotch Game)
Play through the moves of this opening to see the Scotch Gambit
White has given up a Pawn in order to gain momentum in development and to prepare for castling on the kingside