Göring Gambit – Double Pawn Sacrifice (Scotch Game)
Play through the moves of this opening to see the Göring Gambit
White has sacrificed two Pawns in order to gain a huge advantage in development!
- White has developed three minor pieces into the game. Can you identify the three minor pieces?
- White has gained control of the centre of the board
- White has two bishops attacking on open diagonals – both aiming at Black’s kingside
- White is ready to castle on the kingside
- Black has gained a material advantage of two Pawns