Fried Liver Attack (Two Knights Defence)
Play through the moves of this opening to see the Fried Liver Attack
White has sacrificed a Knight for a Pawn in order to weaken Black’s King!
- White’s Bishop is pinning Black’s Knight to the King
- White’s Queen is forking Black’s King and Knight
- Black’s Knight is pinned to the King by White’s Bishop and therefore cannot move away from the attack
- Black’s Knight is attacked twice and only defended once. Can you spot the two pieces attacking the Knight and the one piece defending it?
- Black is also in check and therefore must get out of check
Black only has one move which can defend the Knight twice whilst getting out of the check – can you see it?